Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Pioneer Style



Seeing that tomorrow is the 24th of July and a holiday - wait? You don't get to celebrate Pioneer Day in your state? Bummer for you. Anyhow, I thought it might be nice to do a thankful shout out to my pioneer ancestors.

I'm thankful that my pioneer ancestors "camped" so I don't have to.

I'm thankful that my pioneer ancestors cooked over open flames so I don't have to.

I'm thankful that my pioneer ancestors pulled handcarts across the plains so I don't have to.

I'm thankful that my pioneer ancestors took a squat on the prairie so I don't have to.

I'm thankful that my pioneer ancestors settled the fabulous state of Utah so I could live in a truly beautiful place.

I'm thankful that my pioneer ancestors believed in religious freedom enough to do something about the oppression they faced.

Honestly and truly, I am thankful to the Pioneers - they were brave and I deeply admire their bravery.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Clint and Shari said...

Amen Sista!

Anonymous said...

Great TT list!

mCat said...

Well said Martie. Well said indeed!

tammy said...

I am thankful for the pioneers too, even though I don't get to celebrate UT style.

tammy said...

I want to see a pic of you sporting that hat Vanessa gave you!

tiburon said...

I heart your list. I am soooo glad that I am not a pioneer!

kado! said...

yea....those dresses looked HOT....and I don't mean stylish!!!