Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day circa 2000

Ahhh... Memories.

One of my best Valentine's Day memories was provided by my nephew CJ when he was about 4 years old.  See, CJ was very concerned about my love life (or lack thereof) at this point in his young, sweet life.  He thought that I needed a sweetie and was always on the look-out for a man for his dear old auntie.  (For awhile there, he thought that my friend Cameron - who's gay - was my sweetie, but grandma finally convinced CJ that Cameron and I are JUST friends.)

So, when Valentine's Day rolled around that year, CJ happened to be at my parent's house.  He told grandma that he needed to call me, so mom picked up the phone and dialed my work number.  I answer, knowing full well because of caller id that it was home calling.

"Hi!"  I say.
Cute little boy voice on the other end of the line, "Hi, aunt Martha."
"Well, hello there CJ.  What are you doing calling me?"
"I'm at grandma and grandpa's today."
"Well that's fun."
"Aunt Martha, will you be my Valentine?"
"Of course, CJ!  I'd be thrilled to be your Valentine."

How could that NOT melt my heart?  It totally made my day, too.

Hope your Valentine's Day was a happy one.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Awwwww. So cute!!!

tammy said...

That is the sweetest thing ever.

mCat said...

That CJ - is he STILL your valentine?

kado! said...

oh, seriously that is the sweetest thing ever!