Tuesday, August 31, 2010

From henceforth and forever, I shall be known as...

I work for a company where I have to make changes/additions to one of the many computer systems a huge chunk of our employees use on a daily basis.

I received an e-mail this morning informing me of a name change to add to my list of things to do at year end.  I scrolled all the way to the bottom just to get the whole story.  What I read made me giggle because it just seemed a bit absurd to me.  Here it is:

Sharon,


Rob Damon asked if I could bring my passport to your office. Where is your office by the way?

Secondly, I'm in the process of legally changing my name to Cayan Sylost...its a bit of a story and I'll tell you in person. But I thought it best to be introduced to the community as Cayan rather than Terry.

Talk to you soon.

Cay

*The names have been changed to protect the innocent oddball people indicated in the e-mail.

I couldn't stop laughing.  I had to share it with M-Cat, who quickly responded with, "That would be like me legally changing my name to Milkshake Sha-Nay-Nay."

I sure would like to know the story behind the change.  Could be interesting, but I guess I'll never know.


Photobucket

6 comments:

mCat said...

I think you should reply asking for the story. We have inquiring minds and want to know!

People are so weird!

xoxoxox
Milkshake-sha-nay-nay

Anonymous said...

I wish you'd quit posting my innermost secrets on your blog.

Signed,

Carbuncle Hotness

IdahoGirl said...

Do I win a prize if I guess right? I'm guessing that someone may have either recently had or will recently have some major changes in body parts located in the southern region.

Missy said...

LOL! I never get any interesting emails.

dubb and dawni said...

I promise Miss Martha it's not me!! lol

tiburon said...

That is FANTASTIC!

Perhaps I should change my name. I was thinking Brigham Shanequa