After Monday night's Zumba class, Michelle and I were riding a Zumba high and decided that we needed to try out the Zumba class at our own gym on Wednesday night. We tried to convince Casey (our trainer) that he should join us, but he totally wimped out. (Never fear, I will give him crap about it when I see him today.) He did tell us that the guy who teaches the class is Cuban, and that it's usually a full class. I figured with the instructor being Cuban, he'd more than likely be able to shake it. (I was right.)
We were told that the class started at 6:15 pm. It didn't start until 6:30 pm. As it started getting closer to start time, the instructor was still missing. So, we made friends with a girl who had been doing Zumba for a little bit and she told us that the instructor was very much into the cardio aspect of Zumba. She was kind enough to point him out to us as he made his way thru the crowd in his bright yellow Nikes.
Let's just put it this way - hot little Cuban guy with dark locks down to his shoulders and rock hard abs. How do I know he had rock hard abs? Well, part way thru the warm up, he decided that he didn't like the shirt he had on, so he proceeded to strip, show off his hotness, then put on a tank top. Amusing, to say the least.
So, class got underway with a 15 minute "warm-up" that about kicked my can. It certainly made me realize that I do have quad muscles and that they were already tired. (One thing that bugged about the instructor, he didn't wear a mic, so you couldn't hear him. You just had to follow his lead. It was all well and good. By the end, I was sweating like crazy and had burned nearly as much as I had on Monday night.)
I got lost several times, so I just did my own thing when that happened. It totally made me laugh at myself. Zumba class is a great place to people watch. I know I was making a total idiot of myself, but I didn't care.
Some crazy chick wormed her way right in between me and Michelle and then worked her way in front of Michelle. She was totally into it in her own uncoordinated way. I wanted to tell her that she wasn't the only one in the class and therefore didn't have all the room in the world to flounce about. Another girl, tiny little thing that she was, must have pulled out a pair of leggings meant to be worn under something and decided they would do for Zumba. What she didn't realize is that the fabric was stretched rather thin in the back and her floral print undies were showing for all the world to see.
I think that I need to go to Camilo's class a couple more times just to get in the groove. I did realize last night that I cannot shake my hips in a Latin way for anything. I do not have the hip roll down. Not in the least. I'm sure I looked like a total freak, but I really didn't care. I was having fun. Maybe I need to take some Salsa and Rhumba classes or something just to learn how to move.
We're going to try out a few more instructors at the various gyms, just to see if there is one we like, but chances are, we'll be joining M-Cat and Tib to shake it with Ralynne leading the way. She's just that good!
P.S.- Do not do Zumba one night and then work out with a trainer the next. It's bad, bad, bad for the legs. Ok, it's really good for the legs, but still... Let's just put it this way, I'm VERY much aware of my calves and hamstrings right now.




4 comments:
I need Zumba by my house. Everyone is having so much fun without me.
After taking it from Ralynne I don't know that I could take it somewhere else.
Did I mention that she has a Wednesday 7pm class?
You just gotta practice the hip rolls. Around the house, the office, in your car. Go slow, get the circling down, and then speed up as you get it.
At least that's what I heard. I clearly don't have it down yet myself! Next monday love?
At least inappropriate legging chick had floral panties on. It could have been worse ya know. Kinda like that time at Target...
Post a Comment